The glass is an extremely important material that has extensive usage in various industries. To know why glass is so popular in various industries and has many applications you need to know the common types of glasses and the general properties.
Most Common Types Of Glass Used
There are various types of glasses found that are specifically made to do certain tasks. To know about the right type of glass for your industry, talk to the nearest glass suppliers. So let’s talk about the four major types of glass that are in huge demand in various industries:
- Floating Glass is also known by the name soda lime glass. These are very strong and have varying weight. They are transparent and are reflecting so they cause glare. These are generally used in the construction industry where they are used to build the railings, partitions, and canopies.
- Tinted Glass is heavily used in various purposes owing to their colorful appearance. Such glasses could be red, yellow, green, blue or any other colors. But there is no lack of strength in such glasses.
- Toughened Glass is hugely used in fire resistant doors and windows. They are not clear and are tempered.
- Laminated Glass has a thin layer as a protective surface and re much heavier than other types of glass. These are mostly used in aquariums, bridges, staircases and floor slabs.
General Properties Of Glass
- Glasses are transparent in general that allows us to view outside. And this transparent nature can be from both sides.
- Strength is another property of glass that makes it rigid and resistant to breakage easily.
- Glass can be molded and shaped as per the needs. Therefore it has great workability.
- A glass may have lower or higher the value depending on the number of heat transfers through it.
Different Uses Of Glass
Glass, being a versatile material is used in the following industries:
- The packaging of food, drinks, cosmetics, and medicines.
- Tableware and crockery items
- Housing and building purpose especially, in the construction industry.
- Decor items and type of furniture such as mirrors, tables, lighting and lots more. There are various shapes and sizes of glass that are used in this decor items.
- Electronic home appliances such as computers, TV, microwave, and others.
- Mobile companies use glass in manufacturing smartphone screens and display covers. Nowadays advanced glass is used to build stronger smartphone displays.
- The automotive industry uses glass to build various essential vehicle parts.
- Other uses include medical technology, chemical industry, fiber optic cable manufacturing, and solar panel manufacturing.
Finally, it can be said that glass has an end number of usage and application across all the industries. Some organizations depend entirely on glass material for their product manufacturing and some need it for some specific reasons. No matter what your reason is, you should always find the right glass supplier to help you with your industry-specific needs. Make sure you read customer’s feedback and reviews before purchasing glass from any particular supplier.
Hopefully, all these information will help you to better decide on the glass type. To know more, research well as per your need.